Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Medical Clinics
- Osteoporosis and the Nature of Fragility Fracture: An Overview.in: Patient Hertz K. Santy-Tomlinson J. Fragility Fracture Nursing: Holistic Care and Management of the Orthogeriatric. Springer, 2018: 1-40
- Osteoporosis or low bone mass in older adults: United States, 2017-2018.https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/103477(Accessed July 30, 2022)Date: 2021
- Screening for Osteoporosis to Prevent Fractures: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.JAMA. 2018; 319: 2521-2531
- Management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women: the 2021 position statement of The North American Menopause Society.Menopause. 2021; 28: 973-997
- Trends and Disparities in Osteoporosis Screening Among Women in the United States, 2008-2014.Am J Med. 2017; 130: 306-316
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines–Gynecology. Osteoporosis Prevention, Screening, and Diagnosis: ACOG Clinical Practice Guideline No. 1.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 138: 494-506
- Trends in osteoporosis treatment with oral and intravenous bisphosphonates in the United States, 2002-2012.Bone. 2013; 57: 423-428
- Trends in Media Reports, Oral Bisphosphonate Prescriptions, and Hip Fractures 1996-2012: An Ecological Analysi.J Bone Miner Res. 2015; 30: 2179-2187
- Diagnosis and Management of Osteoporosis.Am Fam Physician. 2015; 92: 261-268
- Epidemiology of osteoporosis and fragility fractures.https://www.osteoporosis.foundation/facts-statistics/epidemiology-of-osteoporosis-and-fragility-fractures(Accessed July 30, 2022)Date: 2019
- Epidemiology of fragility fractures.Clin Geriatr Med. 2014; 30: 175-181
- American Coll of Rheumatology - DXA scans every 2 years. Choosing Wisely | Promoting conversations between providers and patients.https://www.choosingwisely.org/clinician-lists/american-college-rheumatology-routine-repeat-dxa-scans-more-than-once-every-two-years/(Accessed July 30, 2022)Date: 2013
- Serial Bone Density Measurement and Incident Fracture Risk Discrimination in Postmenopausal Women.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180: 1232-1240
- Secondary causes of osteoporosis.Mayo Clin Proc. 2002; 77: 453-468
- Exercise for preventing and treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; : CD000333https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD000333.pub2
- The effect of exercise intensity on bone in postmenopausal women (part 1): A systematic review.Bone. 2021; 143: 115696
- Vitamin D Supplements and Prevention of Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 33-44
- Supplemental Vitamin D and Incident Fractures in Midlife and Older Adults.N Engl J Med. 2022; 387: 299-309
- The effects of vitamin D supplementation on types of falls.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2021; 69: 2851-2864
- Bisphosphonate related jaw osteonecrosis.StatPearls Publishing, 2022 (StatPearls)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons’ Position Paper on Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaws—2022 Update.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2022; 80: 920-943
- Atypical Femur Fracture Risk versus Fragility Fracture Prevention with Bisphosphonates.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 743-753
- Bisphosphonate Treatment Beyond 5 Years and Hip Fracture Risk in Older Women.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3: e2025190
Das A., Green R., Jones S., et al., Osteoporosis Management: Staying Hip on the Literature. (2022). The National Society for General Internal Medicine (SGIM), conference on April 9th 2022.
- The clinician’s guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.Osteoporos Int. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-021-05900-y