Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Medical Clinics
- Breast Cancer Statistics.(Available at:)Accessed May 30, 2022)
- Key Statistics for Breast Cancer.(Available at:)Accessed May 30, 2022)
- Breast cancer statistics, 2013.CA Cancer J Clin. 2014; 64 (Accessed May 30, 2022): 52-62https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21203
- Cancer statistics, 2011: the impact of eliminating socioeconomic and racial disparities on premature cancer deaths.CA Cancer J Clin. 2011; 61: 212-236
- Priorities for the primary prevention of breast cancer.CA Cancer J Clin. 2014; 64: 186-194https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21225
- Use of medications to reduce the risk for primary breast cancer: a systematic review for the US Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 604-614
- Risk assessment, genetic counseling, and genetic testing for BRCA-related cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Jama. 2019; 322: 652-665
- NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology: genetic/familial high-risk assessment: breast and ovarian, version 1.(Available at:)Published online October 3, 2017. Accessed March 11, 2018)
- Breast cancer screening and prevention.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: ITC81
- Proportion of invasive breast cancer attributable to risk factors modifiable after menopause. Am J Epidemiol. 168(4.(Available at:)Accessed May 30, 2022)
- Breast cancer after chest radiation therapy for childhood cancer.J Clin Oncol Off J Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 2217-2223
- Benign breast disease and breast cancer risk: morphology and beyond.Am J Surg Pathol. 2003; 27: 836-841
Bernstein, L et al. Lifetime recreational exercise activity and breast cancer risk among black women and white women. J Natl Cancer Inst. 97(22).
Marmot M, Atinmo T, Byers T, et al. Food, nutrition, physical activity, and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective. Published online 2007.
- Moderate alcohol consumption during adult life, drinking patterns, and breast cancer risk.Jama. 2011; 306: 1884-1890
- Estrogen plus progestin and breast cancer incidence and mortality in postmenopausal women.Jama. 2010; 304: 1684-1692
- Unopposed estrogen therapy and the risk of invasive breast cancer.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1027-1032
- Oral contraceptive use and breast cancer risk assessment: a systematic review and meta-analysis of case-control studies, 2009–2020.Cancers. 2021; 13: 5654
- Medication use to reduce risk of breast cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Jama. 2019; 322: 857-867
- NCCN clinical practice guideline in oncology: breast cancer risk reduction. 2018;Version 2.(Available at:)Accessed August 13, 2018)
- Use of pharmacologic interventions for breast cancer risk reduction: American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2942-2962
- American Cancer Society guidelines for breast screening with MRI as an adjunct to mammography.CA Cancer J Clin. 2007; 57: 75-89
- Collaborative modeling of the benefits and harms associated with different US breast cancer screening strategies.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 215-225
- Breast cancer screening for women at average risk: 2015 guideline update from the American Cancer Society.Jama. 2015; 314: 1599-1614
- Harms of breast cancer screening: systematic review to update the 2009 US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 256-267
- Impact of a false-positive screening mammogram on subsequent screening behavior and stage at breast cancer diagnosis.Cancer Epidemiol Prev Biomark. 2017; 26: 397-403
- Screening for breast cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 279-296
- Update of the national surgical adjuvant breast and bowel project study of tamoxifen and raloxifene (STAR) P-2 trial: preventing breast cancer.Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa. 2010; 3: 696-706
- Exemestane for breast-cancer prevention in postmenopausal women.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2381-2391
- Anastrozole for prevention of breast cancer in high-risk postmenopausal women (IBIS-II): an international, double-blind, randomised placebo-controlled trial.The Lancet. 2014; 383: 1041-1048
- Breast cancer chemoprevention: a practical guide for the primary care provider.J Womens Health. 2020; 29: 46-56
- Use of tamoxifen and raloxifene for breast cancer chemoprevention in 2010. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 134(2).(Available at:)Accessed May 30, 2022)
- Addressing barriers to uptake of breast cancer chemoprevention for patients and providers. In: American society of clinical oncology educational book. Vol 35.(Available at:)Accessed May 30, 2022)
- Patient decisions about breast cancer chemoprevention: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Oncol. 28(18).(Available at:)Accessed May 30, 2022)